Sunday, December 13, 2015

29 weeks pregnant

little miss squishy...we have made it 29 weeks plus a few days now. that means we are officially in the 3rd trimester and I am feeling it. I could sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep some more and still want to sleep and on the weekends I feel like I do much to the disappointment of your big brother. he is starting to seem unsure about this whole adding a baby to the house situation. my belly has gotten too big for him to sit on my lap or give a good hug or carry him around. Its a big adjustment for both of us.  I passed my gestational diabeties screening and was not anemic at 28 weeks so that was good. I had not gained any weight in a month so now I have to start seeing the midwives every 2 weeks already but you were measuring well and my belly keeps growing so that is not an issue. I just don't feel hungry very often and when I do I can only eat small amounts at a time. you are about 15 inches and 2 1/2 to 3 lbs right now so I know my tummy muscles have a lot of stretching to do still. my body is pretty sore by the end of the day and especially the end of the week. right now you are kicking around quite a bit. We have cleaned out the guest room to be yours and have put the crib in it. We painted it robins egg blue and gray and you have a new set of crib sheets and changing pad cover. My hope is that over winter break I will paint aspen trees on one of your walls and do a floppy bunny theme. We are thinking you will be named Margrett and go by Margo. I am staring to get worried about taking care of a little newborn and keeping your brother happy. I know it will be a big adjustment for all of us. I have been working hard to take at least one bag of stuff to the goodwill each week to make sure there is ample of room for you and your stuff and just less junk around the house. We have been collecting a small amount of clothes for you. I wish I had noted how long drew was in newborn clothes before we switched to 0-3 months. you will be wearing way more pink that I would have planed because that is all I seem to be able to find...pink pink pink. nothing wrong with pink. I just am working hard to get some variety. I've also tried to find bunny and westie related clothing and have found a few things. basicly i"m not getting much beyond 0-3 months becuase we don't know when the seasons will change here in strange weather oregon and what size you will be in then.  I do have four, yes, four diffrent types of baby carriers ready to go and try out this time.
I also have a hand pump ready this time. We have two strollers, the car seat, the car seat bases, the rock and play, the amby in the rafters, two diffrent types of  nursing pillows, a boppy that can go on the bed, lots of swadling blankets (thought I am trying to find more swaddles with velcro) I need sew a car seat cover so that people keep their hands off you and we keep the rain and cold weather from you the first few months. as sore and tired as I already am I hope you keep cookin inside of me for as long as you can (but not past your due date ok)

No comments:

Post a Comment