Saturday, June 23, 2012

your first bad sickness

How did another month pass already. Time is going really fast now. I'm back at work and so is your daddy and you are at daycare. I am home with you today because you are sick...the sickest you have ever been. It is horrible. I feel so bad for you. You have a head cold that has you so stuffed up and with snot running down your face and you left ear is full of fluid and hurting you (although not a full blown ear infection yet) and your teething your top two teeth. You have been running a fever for three days although it peaked at 6am today at 103 o and I freaked out. You are so full of snot that you can't eat well and sometimes gurrgle. We knew you were getting sick on Wednesday when we took you in for your 6 month shots and so I didn't let them give you shots. Thank god! I pray that today is the worst of it. We went back to the Dr. this morning and he decided to give you antibiotics to make sure the junk in your ear doesn't  turn into an ear infection. The past 24 hours have been awful as you are really miserable and fussy and having the hardest time eating and sleeping and your dad is out of town! We were all alone last night. I don't know how we made it through. Sometimes you wanted to be in the rock and play and sometimes in your crib and a few times I had to hold you upright till you feel alseep. You cried and cried. I cried. I ran the vacume a ton but that trick is really hard to pull off with only one person. I wished I could have nursed you to make you feel better although I really doubt you would have as you didn't want anything in your mouth you are so sutffed up. I feel guilt that you are sick because of daycare and that if I breastfeed you still that you wouldn't have gotten sick. I have to remember that the babies at mom's group that are breastfeed also get sick...some even sicker than you.  I am grateful that you have gone this long without getting this sick. This morning I feed you our bottle by dropper. Then you ate two ounces from the bottle while we waited for you medicine at the store and I gave you another ounce by dropper before this nap. I really hope you eat more when you wake up. I am so afraid that you are going to get dehydrated although the Dr. promised me that you won't. At last check your fever was down under 100.o you are taking a nap right now so I hope you body is fighting to get better. I keep giving you advil and tylenol and worry it is hurting your tummy.
You gagged on the first round of antibotics and thew up but after your last nap I got you to take them by spliting the dose in half and having you sit up when I put then in your mouth with the dropper. I really hope they help you feel better soon. I wish I could keep you from ever feeling sick. I know you will be sick and hurt and sad many times over the years and each time I will experience it along with you. I worry if I can handle being a mom or a good mom. I feel so helpless when you are sick like this and when you can't sleep and I'm so sleep deprived and you are crying. I just want you to feel better. I promise to update how you do over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment