Sunday, July 3, 2011

fly away baby

wow we have been really busy the last 4 weeks. I'm 21 weeks and three days pregnant with you now. We had a gender ultrasound and discovered you are a boy! Were we surprised! The idea is sinking in and I've started getting you a few little outfits. Be warned you will be dressed as a stuffed animal or in duck related items for the first few months of your life. You dad and I think this will make you less frightening to care for at first. You might worry because you come out about a week after Halloween so you may end up wearing a lot of baby Halloween costumes.

Don't ask me what your name is yet...that is a point of debate and confusion for us. I don't want you to have a name that leads you to get picked on in the future and your dad wants something cute and slightly originally. Don't worry I shot down both Albert and Elmer. You can thank me later.

You are a big boy inside of me. Long and a big bigger than typical even though I am still pretty small. I do look pregnant now though. Depending on how you are lounging around in me I look more or less pregnant. My tummy is getting smashed up higher and after I eat sometimes I look REALLY pregnant but then it goes away.

We have been busy traveling. We went to Denver to see your Grandma and visited our friend Linda and her little girl. You moved around a lot when we were at higher elevation but I did not feel sick or even have a hard time breathing. Then a few days later we took you to Reno to visit your great grandma and watch your uncle and dad play craps while mom fretted about loosing money. I don't think you liked the loud noises of the slot machines and I did not like all the cigarette smoke. You were kicking and punching pretty hard for those three days and now your movements seem more relaxed again. In two days we are taking you to Hawaii so you can swim with fish and sea turtles! You are one lucky baby!

Right now I feel pretty good. I have my energy back but do need a hour or so nap each afternoon and need plenty of sleep at night. You have me eating fruit non stop. Strawberries cherries and raspberries in particular. I have lost my desire for fast food which is very strange for me but has keep me from getting big so maybe you will be a healthy eater. I do get heartburn at night though and I can no longer eat chex mix as it makes me burn up!

No comments:

Post a Comment